Is your website optimised for mobile? Does it change when being viewed on different devices to give a great user experience on desktop and smartphones? Are your email newsletters responsive to the device they’re being viewed on?
Econsultancy recently posted the “60+ most engrossing digital marketing stats” on their blog. Here are just a few that we found interesting.
- Email is the #1 channel for ROI. 71% of emails are opened on mobile devices.
- 69% of tablet owners make a purchase on their device every month.
- 20% of tablet users claimed to shop less in brick and mortar stores.
- Retailers are falling behind mobile.
42% “rarely or never” create a responsive email.
As 71% of emails are opened on mobile, your email campaigns HAVE to be responsive.
70% do not have a mobile website in place.
46% say a portion of their sales are generated on mobile.
3% say their business is mobile-ready.
Make sure your website is responsive and optimised for smartphones, tablets and desktops.
- The UK mobile commerce market in 2015 is worth £14.95bn.
- According to Movable Ink, mobile commerce makes up 40% of UK sales, which is up 32% from last year.
- This year Brits will spend £1m every 35 minutes on mobile devices.
- Consumers are set to spend £53.6bn a year using their smartphones and tablets by 2024.
- Based on an analysis of 27,305 emails, mobile devices have the lowest conversion rate: smartphone 25%, tablet 37%, desktop 39%.
You can read the full blog here.